Skip to content
- New C-ITS services for cyclists
- New C-ITS services for VRUs at intersections
- Improved detection of VRUs thanks to CAVs
- Evaluation of risks at intersections
Expected uses for cyclists
- Reduction in collisions thanks to warning systems
- Reduction in collisions through CAVs providing more consistent awareness of the presence of cyclists
- Confirmation that CAV can recognise cyclists in 99.9% of cases
Expected applications for public administration / infrastructure operators
- Tools for evaluating intersections in terms of risk exposure, allowing a basis to be established for targeted action to improve safety in risk zones.
- Evidence of the effectiveness of C-ITS services for cyclists in reducing collision risk.
- The identification of potential safety feature equipment for bicycles.
Expected applications for producers of CAVs / driver assistance systems
- Improved detection rates of cyclists thanks to better environmental perception or cooperative detection in challenging driving situations.
- Quicker reactions to collision risks
- Lower rate of false warnings
Expected uses for society and the environment: environmental and ethical benefits
- Reduction in the economic burden of healthcare and rehabilitation costs incurred through cycling accidents thanks to increased road safety (for example, through collision avoidance).
- Reduction in exposure to physical danger, rendering everyday cycling more attractive.
- Support for citywide, national, and EU level efforts to increase the share of bicycle traffic on roads, thereby reducing emissions and yielding environmental and health benefits.
- Ethical questions regarding personal data protection will be addressed within the framework of a data management system.